content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: Worried by blocked nose, pimples? Try shea butter

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Worried by blocked nose, pimples? Try shea butter

Western countries are just beginning to
recognise the considerable health and
beauty benefits of shea butter, something
Africans have known for thousands of
years. Shea nut, known as Kandayi, Osisi
and Emi among the Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba
people of Nigeria, respectively, is obtained
from the fruit of shea tree (Vitellaria
paradoxa), which exists in the wild and
grows in an uncultivated state in most parts
of Africa.
Shea fruit is made up of a green epicarp, a
fleshy pulp and a relatively hard shell, which
encloses the shea kernel. The kernel
contains about 60 per cent edible fat (shea
butter) and the residual product, from
which the butter is extracted (shea cake), is
an excellent ingredient for livestock feed
production.
Shea butter is good as table oil because of
its high nutritive value. It is widely used
locally for curing leprosy and other
ailments. According to the American Shea
Butter Institute, 100 per cent pure natural
shea butter is an all-natural vitamin A cream
shown to be a good moisturiser, with
exceptional skin healing properties. Quality
characteristics of skin conditions where 100
per cent shea butter has been proved to be
effective are dry skin, skin rash, skin
peeling after tanning, blemishes and
wrinkles, itching skin, chapped lips,
sunburn, small skin wounds, skin cracks and
tough or rough skin (on feet).
Others are stretch mark prevention during
pregnancy, insect bites, healthy skin, muscle
fatigue, aches and tension, skin allergies
such as poison ivy or poison oaks, pimples,
rashes and skin damage from heat.
Experts say shea butter tree is also valued
medicinally for soothing arthritic pains,
reducing swelling, treating skin problems,
and as an antiseptic for the treatment of
wounds.
A field study carried out by Andrew A.
Erakhrumen from the Department of Forest
Resources Management, University of
Ibadan, Ibadan, on uses of different trees,
reported that shea butter oil in South
Western part of Nigeria is used for
treatment of bees and wasp sting,
diarrhoea, anti-venom and anti-poison, for
rheumatism, waist pain, yellow fever and
rheumatic pains.
The waste water from shea butter
production is used as an insecticide; shea
butter is also used to treat inflammation,
rashes in children, dermatitis, sunburn,
chapping, irritation, ulcers and as a rub for
rheumatism. Its leaves are used for the
treatment of fracture, conjunctivitis,
trachoma, convulsion, stomach-ache and
headache.
Shea butter tree bark is said to be used for
the treatment of dysentery, haemorrhoids,
schistosomiasis, coughs, jaundice, nausea,
diarrhoea, constipation, headaches, fever,
and as an eye lotion. Its roots are used for
the treatment of female sterility, gastritis,
liver cancer, ascites, sores, jaundice,
diarrhea and stomach-ache, as well as
chewing stick.
Among the most popular essential oils used
for medicinal uses in Northern Nigeria are
oils extracted from the seeds of mahogany
oil, castor seed oil, shea butter oil, neem
seed oil and sesame oil. Shea butter oil is
made from the seeds of shea butter tree
and it is mostly kept by traditional
midwives and used as an antiseptic to treat
the umbilical cord. It is also applied to
wounds and cuts, particularly those inflicted
by sharp objects such as in farming (anti-
tetanus). It is also used by bone setters to
treat fractures and arthritis of the bone.
Writing on the potential benefits of shea
butter to prevent aging of the skin, in the
2005 edition of European Journal of
Scientific Research, a group of scientists,
namely Odukoya, OA, Jenkins, OM, Ilori, OO,
Sofidiya, OM from the Faculty of Pharmacy,
College of Medicine, University of Lagos,
stated that shea butter works better in
protecting the skin from dryness by
moisturizing and softening the skin than
other products such as castor oil and olive
oil.
According to them, rubbing such natural
skin moisturizers like shea butter, coconut
oil and palm kernel oil could be of use as
preventive therapy for wrinkle, sun burn
and UV-induced cancer.
According to them, shea butter is
incorporated in skin products because the
natural latex contained in it prevents certain
sun allergies, supports cell regeneration and
blood circulation, thus encouraging the
healing process from scars.
A proximate analysis of shea-butter leaves
found it to be a good source of iron,
magnesium and potassium as well as three
important amino acids (valine,
phenylalanine and leucine) essential for
growth.
According to their finding in the 2009
edition of African Journal of
Biotechnology, Taiwo A. Abidemi from the
Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta,
Ogun State in collaboration with Oyedepo J.
Adebayo, Oluwadare Idowu and M. O.
Agbotoba, stated that its protein content
makes it nutritionally a good plant protein,
which can supplement animal protein,
thereby alleviating kwashiorkor and
marasmus.
According to them: “By inference, shea
butter leaves will supplement other sources
of dietary iron in man if eaten, and since its
magnesium content is very high, it implies
that adequate consumption of the leaf
would satisfy the recommended daily
allowance when eaten in conjunction with
other sources of dietary magnesium.”
A preliminary assessment of the stem bark
extracts of shea butter against enteric
infections such as diarrhea, dysentery,
worm infestation and other gastrointestinal
tract infections, skin diseases and wound
infections also found that there was a
scientific basis for the use of this plant in
traditional medicine for these diseases.
The 2008 study was published in the
African Journal of Pharmacy and
Pharmacology, by El-Mahmood, A. M,
Doughari, J. H. and Ladan, N from the
Department of Microbiology, School of Pure
and Applied Sciences, Federal University of
Technology, Yola, Adamawa State.
The seed of shea butter relieves blocked
nostrils. This traditional method of relieving
nasal congestion, a research in the British
Journal of Clinical Pharmacology tried out in
some participants suffering from rhinitis
with moderate to severe nasal congestion.
They were divided into the test group,
which received shea butter, the control
group, which was treated with
xylometazoline and the ‘placebo’ group
which received white petroleum jelly B.P.
The author wrote: “The results showed that
nasal congestion was relieved more
satisfactorily in the test group than in the
other two groups. It is concluded that shea
butter may prove more efficacious in nasal
congestion than conventional nasal drops.”
The usefulness of shea butter in the
management of sinusitis and relief of nasal
congestion has been attributed to its
hydrating properties, which help in relaxing
the tension in the face skin, thus easing
respiration. However, there is a warning;
shea butter is not recommended for people
with nut or latex allergies.

6 comments:

  1. The best solution to overcome this kind of problem is take a breathe with warm water shake. This antique solutions might works lately.

    rhinoplasty Philippines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello I'm cambell by name, I'm giving a testimony about Dr.Emmanuel the great Herbalist, he has the cure to all manner of diseases, he cured my herpes disease, though I went through different website I saw different testimonies about different spell casters and herbalist, I was like: 'Many people have the herpes cure why are people still suffering from it?' I though of it, then I contact Dr. Emmanuel via email, I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared it (CURE) and sent it to Airfreight Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office, they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and i took the medicine as prescribed by him and I went for check-up 2 weeks after finishing the medicine, I was tested herpes negative, if you are herpes positive do me a favor for you to contact him and I will try my possible best to make sure you get cured, when you contact him, make sure you tell him that I referenced you.. contact him via: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348140073965 

      Delete
  2. God bless Dr. CHUKWU MADU Herbal Home for his
    Great work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. CHUKWU Madu herbal home,how he cured HERPES with his great herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health ,life, he sent me the medicine . I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES,thank you dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp +2347030936239.
    He can also cure:::
    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement


    ReplyDelete
  3. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it,  I have read about DR odoma the great herbalist doctor who cure me from herpes  with his powerful herbal medicine.  i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God!after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days!i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!its really like a dream but i am so happy!   for the people suffering from the following diseases, Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,Lupus Canker sore and more should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit.  i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which i took for 3 good weeks and today am out here with negative result. when i went for test i was so happy after going through his medication. you can reach him through his email drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com or call whatsapp number:+2348100649947 he will help you out.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete