content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: Shea butter leaves, just like other vegetables that boost good health

Friday, February 11, 2011

Shea butter leaves, just like other vegetables that boost good health

The health benefits of shea butter plant
seem to be endless, ranging from ensuring
smooth skin, treating stomach ache in
children to cooking healthy meals. But that
is not all; shea butter leaf is a vegetable
which is inexpensive and is readily
available to meet the nutritional needs of
many people.
The shea-butter tree (Butryospermum
parkii) occurs in the West Africa savannah, it
can grow to 40 ft or more depending on
the protection given to it. The tree bears
fruits at maturity and starts flowering by
early November.
The fruit, which is green in colour, has a
fleshy edible pulp that contains
carbohydrate, protein, ascorbic acid, iron
and calcium. Also, the shea-butter, which is
extracted from the nut contains the B
vitamins and natural sugar such as glucose,
fructose and sucrose.
Most studies have been on the medicinal
use of this leaf. The fruit pulp being a
valuable food source is also taken for its
slightly laxative properties. The extract from
the leaves are used as a vapour bath for
headache and eye bath.
Shea nut cake is used for cattle feed and is
also eaten raw by children. The husk which
remains after the clarification of the butter
is reportedly make good mulch and
fertilizer.
Experts in an analysis of the nutrient
content and anti-nutritional factors in shea
butter leaves showed that the leaves have
high content of carbohydrate compared to
other types of leaves. Aside that, their anti-
nutrients content is observed, is low and so
can be tolerated by the human body. They
reported that the consumption of shea
butter leaves can be a good source of iron,
magnesium and potassium, as well as
essential amino acids - valine, phenylalanine
and leucine.
The 2009 study was carried out by Taiwo A.
Abidemi, M. O. Agbotoba and Oluwadare
Idowu, Moshood Abiola Polytechnic in
collaboration with Oyedepo J. Adebayo
from the Research Development Centre
University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun
State and published in the African Journal of
Biotechnology.
They concluded, “Its protein content makes
it nutritionally a good source of plant
protein; this validates its use in diet as a
plant protein which can supplement animal
protein thereby alleviating kwashiorkor and
marasmus. Its palatability, however,
depends on handling when prepared as
vegetable or soup.
“By inference, shea-butter leaves will
supplement other sources of dietary iron in
people if eaten, and since its magnesium
content is very high, it implies that
adequate consumption of the leaf would
satisfy the recommended daily allowance
when eaten in conjunction with other
sources of dietary magnesium.
“Potassium is very vital in maintaining the
body fluid volume and osmotic equilibrium.
Coincidentally, shea-butter leaves are low in
potassium content relative to the value
reported for other edible vegetables; which
implies that it has to be supplemented with
other sources of potassium.”

4 comments:

  1. God bless Dr. CHUKWU MADU Herbal Home for his
    Great work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. CHUKWU Madu herbal home,how he cured HERPES with his great herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health ,life, he sent me the medicine . I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES,thank you dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp +2347030936239.
    He can also cure:::
    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement


    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about this wonderful thing that happened to me last week on how i got my HIV aids cured, i have been reading so-many post of some people who were cured of HIV, but i never believed them, I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try dr.odoma then i contacted him on his email on drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out, its a great success that he healed just as he promised, he told me that in three days time that i should go and check on my HIV status, I was floored that when i went to the hospital to check of my status that i was HIV negative, i never thought possible that dr.odoma can do miracles, i never really believed in magic but I played along with a little hope and faith and after everything but dr odoma changed my life and made me a true believer you can contact him drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com or whattsapp Number: +2348100649947 he said that he is also specialize on the following diseases: HERPES, HIV, ALS, HPV, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, CANCER,SICKLE CELL, VIRGINAL DRYNESS, And Bring Back Yours Ex back.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete