content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: Researchers uncover survival technique of staph

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Researchers uncover survival technique of staph

RESEARCHERS have determined the structure
and mechanism of an enzyme that
performs the crucial first step in the
formation of cholesterol and a key virulence
factor in staph bacteria.
Chemists at the University of Illinois and
collaborators in Taiwan studied a type of
enzyme found in humans, plants, fungi,
parasites, and many bacteria that begins the
synthesis of triterpenes - one of the most
abundant and most ancient classes of
molecules. Triterpenes are precursors to
steroids such as cholesterol.
“These enzymes are important drug
targets,” said Chemistry Prof. Eric Oldfield,
who co-led the study.
“Blocking their activity can lead to new
cholesterol-lowering drugs, antibiotics that
cure staph infections, and drugs that target
the parasites that cause tropical maladies
such as Chagas disease - a leading cause of
sudden death in Latin America. ”
For the study, the team picked a
representative enzyme, dehydrosqualene
synthase (CrtM), from the Staphylococcus
aureus bacterium. Staph is one of the most
common, yet notoriously hard to kill,
bacterial infections.
A key reason for staph’s resilience is a
golden-colored coating called
staphyloxanthin that protects it from the
body ’s immune system. CrtM catalyzes the
first reaction in making staphyloxanthin, so
inhibiting it would strip the bacteria of their
protective coats and leave them vulnerable
to attack by white blood cells.
The researchers already knew what CrtM
looked like and its end product, but they
didn ’t know how the enzyme did its job.
Uncovering the mechanism of action would
enable scientists to design better inhibitors,
and even tailor them to other targets.
The team crystallised the enzyme and
soaked it with intermediates and inhibitors.
They then studied the complex structures
by X-ray crystallography using the
synchrotron at the Advanced Photon Source
at Argonne National Laboratory.
They found that CrtM performs a two-step
reaction, individually removing two
diphosphate groups from the substrate. The
substrate switches between two active sites
within the enzyme as the reaction
progresses. The most effective inhibitors
bind to both sites, blocking the enzyme
from any action.
“The leads that people have been
developing for treating these diseases really
haven ’t had any structural basis,” said
Oldfield, also a professor of Biophysics. “But
now that we can see how the protein
works, we ’re in a much better position to
design molecules that will be much more
effective against staph infections and
parasitic diseases, and potentially, in
cholesterol-lowering. ”

4 comments:

  1. God bless Dr. CHUKWU MADU Herbal Home for his
    Great work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. CHUKWU Madu herbal home,how he cured HERPES with his great herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health ,life, he sent me the medicine . I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES,thank you dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp +2347030936239.
    He can also cure:::
    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement


    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about this wonderful thing that happened to me last week on how i got my HIV aids cured, i have been reading so-many post of some people who were cured of HIV, but i never believed them, I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try dr.odoma then i contacted him on his email on drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out, its a great success that he healed just as he promised, he told me that in three days time that i should go and check on my HIV status, I was floored that when i went to the hospital to check of my status that i was HIV negative, i never thought possible that dr.odoma can do miracles, i never really believed in magic but I played along with a little hope and faith and after everything but dr odoma changed my life and made me a true believer you can contact him drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com or whattsapp Number: +2348100649947 he said that he is also specialize on the following diseases: HERPES, HIV, ALS, HPV, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, CANCER,SICKLE CELL, VIRGINAL DRYNESS, And Bring Back Yours Ex back.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete