content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: Lemon grass fights headaches like aspirin

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lemon grass fights headaches like aspirin

Scientists have found lemon grass as a
potential traditional medicine to relieve
headaches and migraines.In a five-years
study in complementary and Alternative
Medicine Journal, it was discovered that
lemon grass, whose leaves many brew as,
contain cymbopogon ambiguous, a lemon
grass plant, that may be as good as aspirin
when it comes to headaches treatment.
Lemon grass is a tall perennial grass with
slender sharp edged green leaves that have
a pointed apex. It is native to India but
found growing naturally in tropical grass
land It is referred to as Koriko-oba in
Yoruba, Nche in Igbo and Awula in Hausa.
The stem is reddish brown in colour and it
is attached to the bulb by stalk. The entire
plant is attached to the soil by fibrous root.
Infusions and decoctions of lemon grass
leaves have been used in Australian
traditional medicine to treat chest
infections, sores, muscle cramps as well as
headache. Two or three of these bruised
stalks, chopped into half inch pieces and
steeped in a pot of nearly boiling water,
make a tea to aid digestion, ease menstrual
cramps, reduce stress, relieve rheumatism
and promote a calm night ’s sleep.
A tea made from the leaves of lemon grass
has been used to treat fever, cold, cough
and stomach upset. The tea also has diuretic
properties and can help in urinating
difficulties and water retention, making it
helpful in individuals with high blood
pressure. Extracts of both the leaves and
stalks of lemon grass are used as an herbal
medicine to treat nervous condition and
inflammation.
Lemon grass has considerable economic
importance. In some part of Asia, it is
cultivated for commercial purpose as
industrial raw materials to cosmetic and
insecticide factories. It is used as scent in
many product including soap, perfume
candle mosquito and other insect repellent.
The study, which was aimed at screening
and identifying the chemical substances in
the infusions and decoctions of lemon grass
that explain the plant ’s use for headache,
found out that it prevented blood platelets
clumping together and aided the release of
serotonin.
Serotonin regulates mood, appetite, sleep,
muscle contraction, and some cognitive
functions including memory, learning and
has alterations in migraine.Headaches and
migraines cause abnormal activities in our
bodies, such as altering our serotonin levels
and interfering with the normal function of
our blood platelets. Although, platelets clump
together for wound repair, but they can
also form life-threatening internal clots
starving the brain of oxygen and causing
strokes.
The researchers attributed the effectiveness
of lemon grass in the treatment of
headaches and migraine to a chemical
substance called eugenol in the plant. They
suggested that this chemical substance in
lemon grass has similar effect in aspirin, a
common medicine for headache, because it
holds back platelets clumping together and
aids the release of serotonin. They declared,
“ The results of these studies provide
evidence identifying specific constituents
(principally eugenol) that have anti-platelet
activity that establish the basis of the
therapeutic activity and traditional use of C.
ambiguus as a non-conventional remedy
for headache conditions. ”
However, the benefit of drinking lemon
grass tea or infusion includes prevention of
typhoid fever. Researchers from the
Department of Biochemistry, University of
Ado-Ekiti, Ado-Ekiti Ekiti State, in their
assessment of the chemical composition
and constituents of lemon grass, declared
that under laboratory conditions it can
effectively kill S. typhi, the germ that causes
typhoid fever. The 2009 study was carried
out by M.F. Asaolu, O.A. Oyeyemi and J.O.
Olanlokun and reported in Asian Network
for Scientific Information Journal.
A recent study by the Food and Nutrition
Research Institute of the Department of
Science and Technology ( DOST ) claims that
every 100g of edible lemon grass when
boiled can contain up to 24.205 micrograms
of beta-carotene the anti-oxidant that
scientists believe can help prevent cancer.
Another DOST study shows that lemon grass
oil has the potential as a tropical eye
medication against keratomycosis, an
inflammation of cornea often associated
with burning or blurring of vision.
In 2006, research discovered citral (a
substance in lemongrass) caused apoptosis
in malignant cancer cells, meaning the
cancer cells would kill off themselves (a cell
suicide). Citral not only caused cancer cells
to kill themselves on a petri dish, it caused
no harm to normal cells that were present.
More amazingly, the quantity of citral used
in this experiment was equivalent to one
cup of tea using 1 gram of lemongrass in
hot water.
Lemongrass tea, with pepper, can help
relieve menstrual problems and nausea. It
can promote perspiration and lower fevers
or cool the body in high temperatures. It
may also help lower high blood pressure
and cholesterol levels.
When used externally, lemongrass tea can
help treat athlete ’s foot (because it has anti-
fungal properties), heal cuts and sprains,
and relieve arthritic pain.

8 comments:

  1. I have myself experienced this one.It is very tasty and soothes the head immediately after consumption.I think all those who have perennial headaches must try this one.sinus surgery Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Ehiaguna the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Ehiaguna write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Ehiaguna instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

      Delete
  2. God bless Dr. CHUKWU MADU Herbal Home for his
    Great work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. CHUKWU Madu herbal home,how he cured HERPES with his great herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health ,life, he sent me the medicine . I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES,thank you dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp +2347030936239.
    He can also cure:::
    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement


    ReplyDelete
  3. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it,  I have read about DR odoma the great herbalist doctor who cure me from herpes  with his powerful herbal medicine.  i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God!after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days!i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!its really like a dream but i am so happy!   for the people suffering from the following diseases, Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,Lupus Canker sore and more should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit.  i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which i took for 3 good weeks and today am out here with negative result. when i went for test i was so happy after going through his medication. you can reach him through his email drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com or call whatsapp number:+2348100649947 he will help you out.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Ehiaguna the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Ehiaguna write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Ehiaguna instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Investing online has been a main source of income,that's why knowledge plays a very important role in humanity,you don't need to over work yourself for money.All you need is the right information,and you could build your own wealth from the comfort of your home!Binary trading is dependent on timely signals,assets or controlled strategies which when mastered increases chance of winning up to 90%-100% with trading. It’s possible to earn $10,000 to $20,000 trading weekly-monthly,just file a complaint with  Robert,I had almost given up on everything about binary trading and ever getting my lost funds back,till i met with him,with his help now i have my lost funds back to my bank account and I can now trade successfully with his profitable strategies and software!! Email: Robertseaman939@gmail.com or Fb.me/investandmakemoney1 or  whatsApp: +44 7466 770724

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete