content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: Folate Intake And Colorectal Cancer.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Folate Intake And Colorectal Cancer.

INTAKE of high levels of folate may reduce
colorectal cancer risk, according to a new
study in Gastroenterology, the official
journal of the American Gastroenterological
Association (AGA) Institute. Folate is a water-
soluble B vitamin that occurs naturally in
food.
"We found that all forms and sources of
folate were associated with lower risk of
colorectal cancer," said Victoria Stevens, PhD,
of the American Cancer Society and lead
author of this study.
"The strongest association was with total
folate, which suggests that total folate
intake is the best measure to define
exposure to this nutrient because it
encompasses all forms and sources." Total
folate includes naturally occurring food
folate and folic acid from fortified foods
and dietary supplements.
A research team investigated the
association between folate intake and
colorectal cancer among 99,523 participants
in the Cancer Prevention Study II Nutrition
Cohort; a total of 1,023 participants were
diagnosed with colorectal cancer between
1999 and 2007, a period entirely after
folate fortification began.
Neither higher nor lower risk was observed
during the first two years of follow-up
(1999 to 2001), while associations were
statistically significantly inverse for the
subsequent years (2002 to 2007).
The findings of this study add to the
epidemiologic evidence that high folate
intake reduces colorectal cancer incidence.
Further, one important difference between
the current study and previous studies was
the separate assessment of natural folates
and folic acid. Previous studies that
discriminated between folates considered
only the source (i.e., diet versus
supplement) and not the chemical form.
The study also addressed concerns that the
intake of high levels of folate frequently
consumed in the U.S. — as a result of the
recent increase in the use of folate-
containing supplements and mandatory
folate fortification of food — may actually
increase risk of cancer. No increased risk of
colorectal cancer was found for the highest
intake levels, suggesting that the high levels
of this vitamin consumed by significant
numbers of Americans should not lead to
increased incidence rates of this cancer in
the population.
Folates are essential nutrients needed to
make components used for functions
required for normal cell growth, including
DNA synthesis and repair. Because these
processes are critical for cell growth and
differentiation, the relationship between
folate intake and cancer development has
been investigated in several cancers, and
most extensively in colorectal cancer.

3 comments:

  1. God bless Dr. CHUKWU MADU Herbal Home for his
    Great work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. CHUKWU Madu herbal home,how he cured HERPES with his great herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health ,life, he sent me the medicine . I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES,thank you dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp +2347030936239.
    He can also cure:::
    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement


    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Juliet Wagofony from Ukraine, may God Almighty continue to enrich you with more grace and power to save more of people's life with your powerful herbs Dr Chukwu Madu herbal home.You have saved my life from this dangerous virus (HIV/AIDS) that have been dealing with me for 6 years now, you are so great Sir. I am totally cured from HIV/AIDS some weeks ago after taking your great herbs as you prescribed it for me sir. Omg! You are so real doctor, I never believed you at first but now I am gladly testifying sir, you have cured so many people of their different virus and today am a living witness thank you so much [ dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com ]. WhatsApp him on his direct contact [ +2347030936239 ] Remain blessed sir Juliet Mogofony from Ukraine.Viewers contact him for your dear life, he can cure all kinds of virus and sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live Testimony HPV and HERPES is cureable: I am greatful to Dr Aire ,the powerful herbal healer that rescue me from HPV and HERPES. I was diagnosed of these disease in 2019 and because of this, i was very unhappy with my life and i went into research on how i can get cured and i saw a testimony of a lady on how she was cured from HERPES by Dr Aire, i decided to give him a try and when i contact him, he assure me that he will help me and send me the cure.I believed in him because all i wanted was to be cured, so he prepared a herbal cure for me and send it to me through DHL and gave me instructions on how to use it and after one week i should go to hospital for checkup and after one week of using the herbal medicine, i went to the hospital for test and to my surprise the test stated that i am HPV and HERPES negative and i am fully cured from the diseases. This gladdens my heart and everybody in the hospital was surprised even the Medical Doctor, So viewers Dr Aire is a God Gifted man and he can cure so many diseases like HIV/AIDS, HERPES,CANCER of all kind, PILE, KIDNEY PROBLEM, SYPHILIS, DIABETES, HSV1&2, HPV and lot's more. You can contact him through his email: drairehome@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2347036740271. I will continue to share this great testimony on the internet and all over the world for the good job Dr Aire has done for me.  

    ReplyDelete