content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: Potassium-rich foods may cut stroke, heart disease risk

Friday, March 11, 2011

Potassium-rich foods may cut stroke, heart disease risk

A NEW study suggests that a diet rich in
foods that are loaded with potassium can
reduce stroke risk by 21 per cent and may
also lower heart disease risk.
The report is published in the March 1
online edition of the Journal of the
American College of Cardiology.
Good sources of potassium include bananas
and other fruits and vegetables, as well as
fish, poultry and dairy, the researchers
noted.
According to the U.S. Department of
Agriculture, sweet potato and tomato paste
top the list.
“The average dietary potassium intake in
most countries worldwide is much lower
than recommended by health authorities,
and increasing potassium intake may
provide protection against stroke and other
cardiovascular disorders, ” said lead
researcher Dr. Pasquale Strazzullo, a
professor of medicine at the Federico II
University of Naples Medical School, in Italy.
For the study, Strazzullo’s team pulled data
about potassium and cardiovascular disease
from 11 studies, which included a total of
247,510 men and women. The researchers
looked at what people in these studies
recalled eating in the past day.
This process is called a meta-analysis, in
which researchers look for trends in the
data that may support a particular
conclusion, even when these data were not
the main point of the study.
They found that people who consumed
1.64 grams of potassium or more a day had
a 21 percent lower risk of stroke and also
tended to have a lower risk of any
cardiovascular disease.
Strazzullo noted that five or more servings
of fruits and vegetables will provide the
amount of potassium needed to get this
protective effect.
“The protective effect of potassium against
the risk of stroke and other vascular events
may in part be traced to its blood pressure-
lowering effect, particularly in hypertensive
individuals and in those with elevated
sodium intake, ” Strazzullo said.
However, other processes appear to be at
work as well, he added. For example,
potassium may be involved in slowing the
process of atherosclerosis and preventing
the thickening of the walls of arteries, all of
which can lead to cardiovascular disease.

3 comments:

  1. God bless Dr. CHUKWU MADU Herbal Home for his
    Great work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. CHUKWU Madu herbal home,how he cured HERPES with his great herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health ,life, he sent me the medicine . I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES,thank you dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp +2347030936239.
    He can also cure:::
    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement


    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 5 mouth I have being into HERPES since 5 mouth, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Agaba , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR Agaba , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. If you need his cured just email him now on dragabasolutionhomehome@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. agaba . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dragabasolutionhomehome@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2349074536486.  

    ReplyDelete