content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: Efficacy of herbal treatment for ringworm

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Efficacy of herbal treatment for ringworm

RINGWORM is an infection of the skin and other
parts of the body like the nails. The infection,
which isworldwide, occurs mostly in children
and may be transmitted from person to person,
especially among those who live in areas
with poor hygiene and overcrowded
conditions.
Ringworm affecting the scalp is likely to be
highest in sub-Saharan Africa, where
poverty and unsanitary living conditions
are unchecked.In most sub-Saharan African
countries, including Nigeria, the incidence of
ringworm is on the increase, partly because
the health policies of many of these
countries are not directed to controlling the
disease.
However, the local populations use local
plants, which they apply on the affected
parts of the body. These plants offer
alternative remedy, since the well known
drugs are no more affordable owing to a
rise in poverty level.
Such kinds of plants used for treatment by
the local population in Cross Rivers State,
whose effectively experts tried to access, in
comparison with standard orthodox
medications, were Senna alanta and
Borreria Ocymoides.
This was a study undertaken by M.E. Eja; G.E.
Arikpo; K.H. Enyi-Idoh; S.E. Etim and H.E. Etta,
all from the Department of Biological
Sciences at the Cross River University of
Technology, Calabar.
The 2009 study entitled “Efficacy of local
herbal therapy in the management of
dermatophytosis among primary school
children in Cross Rivers State, South-south
Nigeria,” was reported in the African Journal
of Medicine and Medical Sciences.
Senna alata is commonly called ringworm
burn or candle bush. Senna alata and
Borreria ocymoides are respectively called
Egorlu and Igri-Etobo in the local dialect of
Ekureku in Abi local government area of
Cross Rivers State.
Borreria ocymoides is a weak herb with
small flowers and is commonly a wayside
weed, while S. alata is a legume. The extracts
were prepared by soaking air-dried and
ground leaves of these plants in ethanol for
seven days, before the ethanol was dried
off.
These plant extracts were later tested on
germs that cause ringworm, which were
collected from 840 pupils that were
screened for ringworm in the communities
involved in the study.The researchers found
that the local plants were more effective
than the conventional drugs used in the
treatment of ringworm, thus offering some
hope of treatment and control.
They reported that “the crude extracts of
the test plants were generally more
effective than the chemotherapeutic drugs.
There was also an indication that Borreria
ocymoides was a little more effective than
Senna alata.”
The researches pointed out the need for
better understanding of the chemical
constituents of these herbs locally used in
the treatment of ringworm, including their
safety.“What is evident in this study is that
S. alata and B. ocymoides exhibit antifungal
activity, and their antifungal properties
could be associated with their chemical
components such as saponins,
anthraquinones and flavonoids, which were
found in very high levels in the extracts.
“We are, however, reluctant to recommend
total dependence on these local plants for
treatment pending proper scientific
investigation of their chemical properties,
dosage and safety.”
While urging the government to step up
research into local medical plants by
providing funds for research to impact on
health, they advised both parents and
pupils to take issues of personal hygiene
more seriously.
They also suggested that “in the meantime,
the raw extract of the plants should be
mixed with ointment before being applied
to the portion of the skin affected by
ringworm,” stressing that such method,
however, takes a longer duration for total
cure.
Out of the 840 pupils aged between three
and 13 years screened, 68 were infected
with ringworm, with the incidence ranging
from 11 in the southern to 33 in the
northern districts, indicating a widespread
infection.
Elsewhere in Nigeria, local plants such as
Pistia stratiotes and Combretum micranthum
have been tested for their antifungal
activity against germs that cause ringworm
and found to be just as effective as Serena
alata and Borreria ocymoides.
Also, an investigation into extracts of other
plants such as aloe vera, neem, cashew
leaves, coral plant and candlestick plant
(cassia alata) under laboratory conditions
attested to their efficacy in the treatment of
some skin diseases.

4 comments:

  1. God bless Dr. CHUKWU MADU Herbal Home for his
    Great work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. CHUKWU Madu herbal home,how he cured HERPES with his great herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health ,life, he sent me the medicine . I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES,thank you dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp +2347030936239.
    He can also cure:::
    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement


    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Juliet Wagofony from Ukraine, may God Almighty continue to enrich you with more grace and power to save more of people's life with your powerful herbs Dr Chukwu Madu herbal home.You have saved my life from this dangerous virus (HIV/AIDS) that have been dealing with me for 6 years now, you are so great Sir. I am totally cured from HIV/AIDS some weeks ago after taking your great herbs as you prescribed it for me sir. Omg! You are so real doctor, I never believed you at first but now I am gladly testifying sir, you have cured so many people of their different virus and today am a living witness thank you so much [ dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com ]. WhatsApp him on his direct contact [ +2347030936239 ] Remain blessed sir Juliet Mogofony from Ukraine.Viewers contact him for your dear life, he can cure all kinds of virus and sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 5 mouth I have being into HERPES since 5 mouth, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Agaba , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR Agaba , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. If you need his cured just email him now on dragabasolutionhomehome@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. agaba . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dragabasolutionhomehome@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2349074536486.  

    ReplyDelete