content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: Heavy alcohol consumption is associated with increased cancer death risk

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Heavy alcohol consumption is associated with increased cancer death risk

HEAVY alcohol consumption, specifically
three or more glasses of liquor a day, is
associated with an increased risk of death
from pancreatic cancer, according to a
report in the March 14 issue of Archives of
Internal Medicine, one of the JAMA/Archives
journals.
“Alcoholic beverage consumption — a
modifiable lifestyle factor — is causally
related to several cancers, including oral
cavity, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, liver,
colorectum and female breast, ” the authors
write as background information in the
article. “Heavy alcohol consumption causes
acute and chronic pancreatitis but has
never been linked definitively to pancreatic
cancer. ”
Using data from the Cancer Prevention
Study II (CPS-II), Dr. Susan M. Gapstur and
colleagues from the American Cancer
Society, Atlanta, examined the association
between alcohol intake and pancreatic
cancer. The CPS-II is a long-term prospective
study of U.S. adults 30 years and older.
Initial data on alcohol consumption was
gathered in 1982, and based on follow-up
through 2006, there were 6,847 pancreatic
cancer deaths among one million
participants.
Of the million participants (453,770 men
and 576,697 women), 45.7 per cent of men
and 62.5 per cent of women were non-
drinkers. The analyses of men only and of
men and women combined showed
statistically significant increased risk of
pancreatic cancer death for consumption of
three drinks per day and four or more
drinks per day, whereas for women only
the estimated risk of death from pancreatic
cancer was statistically significant for
consumption of four or more drinks per
day.
Compared with non-drinkers, consuming
three or more drinks of liquor per day was
associated with an increased risk of
pancreatic cancer death in the total study
population, and consumption of two or
more drinks of liquor per day was
associated with an increased risk in both
never smokers and in those who had ever
smoked. This association was observed for
liquor consumption but not for beer or
wine.
In never smokers, there was a 36 per cent
higher risk of pancreatic cancer death
associated with consuming three or more
drinks a day compared with non-drinkers
for men and women combined. In those
who had ever smoked, there was a 16 per
cent higher risk of death from pancreatic
cancer after adjustment for smoking history
and other variables.
“Findings from the prospective study
presented herein strongly support the
hypothesis that alcohol consumption, in
particular heavy intake, also is an
independent risk factor for pancreatic
cancer, the fourth most common cause of
cancer mortality (death) in the United
States,” the authors conclude.

4 comments:

  1. God bless Dr. CHUKWU MADU Herbal Home for his
    Great work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. CHUKWU Madu herbal home,how he cured HERPES with his great herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health ,life, he sent me the medicine . I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES,thank you dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp +2347030936239.
    He can also cure:::
    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement


    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Juliet Wagofony from Ukraine, may God Almighty continue to enrich you with more grace and power to save more of people's life with your powerful herbs Dr Chukwu Madu herbal home.You have saved my life from this dangerous virus (HIV/AIDS) that have been dealing with me for 6 years now, you are so great Sir. I am totally cured from HIV/AIDS some weeks ago after taking your great herbs as you prescribed it for me sir. Omg! You are so real doctor, I never believed you at first but now I am gladly testifying sir, you have cured so many people of their different virus and today am a living witness thank you so much [ dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com ]. WhatsApp him on his direct contact [ +2347030936239 ] Remain blessed sir Juliet Mogofony from Ukraine.Viewers contact him for your dear life, he can cure all kinds of virus and sicknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 5 mouth I have being into HERPES since 5 mouth, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Agaba , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR Agaba , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. If you need his cured just email him now on dragabasolutionhomehome@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. agaba . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dragabasolutionhomehome@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2349074536486.  

    ReplyDelete