content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: Herbal bitters, recipe for weight control, indigestion

Monday, March 7, 2011

Herbal bitters, recipe for weight control, indigestion

FROM the young to the old, the use of herbal
bitters as a recipe for indigestion, weight control,
detoxifiers and antibacterial agents taken either
internally or externally, depending on the
manufacturer and treatment, is common.
Its long history and the belief that herbal
products are natural and safe makes herbal
bitters a ready alternative to turn to for
medical conditions ranging from weight
control, indigestion, tooth ache, insomnia
skin allergies to skin allergies.
Herbal bitters, originally formulated by
Paracelcus are available in various
formulations (both alcoholic and non-
alcoholic versions). It is known to generally
contain rhubarb root, aloe, saffron,
camphor, angelica root, zedvoary root,
carline thistle root, myrrh, senna leaves and
theriac venezia.
Phytochemical analysis shows that herbal
bitters contain complex carbohydrates,
alkaloids, vitamins and minerals that have
antioxidant, antiviral and antispasmodic
properties. These ingredients work together
to reduce inflammation, control pain, relax
muscles and improve digestion and
elimination as well as boost appetite in
some people.
However, starting from the common herb
planted at the back of the house to treat
malaria to herbal bitters , an age long
preparations that is marketed all over the
country with different trade names,
researchers are always concerned about the
long term side effects of all herbs and
herbal products.
U & D Sweet Bitter is a registered herbal
supplement prepared from roots, leaves,
flowers and fruits of different herbs. It is
one of the widely used and marketed herbal
bitters in Eastern Nigeria. The marketing
label acclaimed it is therapeutic in medical
conditions such as typhoid fever, malaria
and stomachache.
No doubt, the National Agency for Food and
Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC),
the regulatory authorities involved in
ensuring safety of registered
pharmaceutical products in Nigeria has
certified it is safe based on the results of its
effects on kidney and liver function tests.
Unfortunately, findings of a 2008 study
published in Pakistan Journal of
Pharmaceutical Science indicated that it may
have toxic effect on the spleen, pancreas
and heart.
The researchers were from Abia State
University, College of Health Sciences, Uturu,
Abia State, Toxicology Unit, Department of
Pharmacology, College of Health Sciences,
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi Campus,
Anambra State and Department of
Biochemistry, Federal University of
Technology, Minna, Niger State.
In the three month study, three groups of
albino rats (150-200g), 539, 1077 and
1616mg/kg aqueous extract of U & Dee
Sweet Bitter, were administered orally while
deionized water was given to the control
group. Animals had access to deionized
water and were fed ad libitum with rat
chow for 90 days.
The feed and fluid consumption of the
animals were measured on daily basis while
the body weight was measured weekly.
Animals were anaesthetized with ether after
90 days, bled sacrificed, heart, spleen and
pancreas were excised and weighed.
The parameters they measured included
food and fluid intake, body weight, absolute
and relative weights of the, spleen,
pancreas, heart. Serum glucose, low density
lipoprotein LDL (bad cholesterol), high
density lipoprotein HDL (good cholesterol)
were also determined.
They wrote, although “our results show that
U & D Sweet Bitter caused significant
decrease in total blood cholesterol, low-
density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density
lipoprotein (HDL), but “ U& D Sweet bitter did
not seem to have any beneficial effect in
the reduction of blood glucose level, a
feature which would have been desirable in
the management of diabetes mellitus as
claimed by the herbal practitioners.”
While suggesting that the reduction in blood
cholesterol level was protective for the
heart, they declared that the significant
reduction in the weight of the heart coupled
with a change in one of the biochemical
parameters is an indication of the toxicity
of the test substance.
Considering the significant reduction in the
weight of the heart by herbal bitters and
the possibility of the chemical compounds
in the herbs changing heart rate, blood
pressure and glucose levels, they cautioned,
“people with cardiac problems, high blood
pressure, or blood sugar disorder such as
diabetes must be especially cautious.“
U & Dee Sweet Bitter is a mixture of roots,
leaves, flowers and seeds of different herbs
and these make for potential
misidentification or cross contamination of
the active ingredients. Among the
phytoconstituents found in U & Dee Sweet
Bitter extract are flavonoids, which may be
mainly responsible for its medicinal uses.
However, unlike the flavonoids found in red
wine which tends to protect the heart, the
flavonoids found in U & Dee Sweet Bitter
did not show similar effect on the heart as
evidenced by the cholesterol profile and
the weight of the heart.
The researchers submitted that although
herbal supplements may be considered to
be safe, some are known to be toxic at high
doses and others may have potentially
adverse effect after prolonged use due to
factors ranging from overdosing,
contaminated formulations to the inherent
toxicity of the herbs of choice.
In addition, other reported side effects of
herbal bitters included dehydration, allergy,
rashes, cramps or indigestion.
Experts have also warned pregnant women,
nursing mothers and people diagnosed
with such medical conditions as kidney
disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS),
Crohn’s disease and chronic gall bladder
issues.
Herbal bitters could also cause adverse
reactions if taken in combination with other
drugs like sedatives, antidepressants and
tetracycline antibiotics.

9 comments:

  1. God bless Dr. CHUKWU MADU Herbal Home for his
    Great work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. CHUKWU Madu herbal home,how he cured HERPES with his great herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health ,life, he sent me the medicine . I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES,thank you dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp +2347030936239.
    He can also cure:::
    1, Night sweats
    2, Lesions on your tongue or mouth
    3, Weight loss
    4, Frequent fever
    5, Persistent Diarrhea
    6, Skin rashes
    7, Tiredness
    8, Swollen lymph glands
    9, Pneumonia
    10, Memory loss
    11, Depression
    12, Swelling of the lymph glands
    13, Red, brown, pink spots on the skin, mouth, nose, or eyelids
    14, Sores of the mouth, anus, or genitals
    15' HIV/AIDS
    16' Herpes virus
    17, Penis Enlargement


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 28 years old female I tested genital herpes (HSV1-2) positive in 2002. I was having bad outbreaks. EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I have try different kinds of drugs and treatment by the medical doctors all to know was avail. Six months ago I was desperately online searching for a helpful remedies for genital herpes (HSV1-2) cure, which i come across some helpful remedies on how Dr ehiaguna have help so many people in curing genital herpes (HSV1-2) with the help of herbal treatment because I too believe there is someone somewhere in the world who can cure herpes completely. As of the past 2 months, however, I've been following his herpes protocol Via drehiaguna@gmail.com and it stopped all outbreaks completely! To my greatest surprise I was cured completely by following the protocol of his herbal medicine . Don't be discouraged by the medical doctors. There is a cure for HSV with the help of herbs and roots kindly contact him for more information Via drehiaguna@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on +2348073908953  He is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds, DIABETES and so many other infections.

      Delete
  2. Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 5 mouth I have being into HERPES since 5 mouth, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Agaba , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR Agaba , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. If you need his cured just email him now on dragabasolutionhomehome@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. agaba . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dragabasolutionhomehome@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2349074536486.  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Riaria cured my HPV virus that have been in my body since seven years, ever since then my life has been incomplete, I have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by doctors, but it didn't cure my HPV VIRUS, i was checking for solution on the internet then I miraculously came across Dr. Riaria the powerful herbalist that  can cure HPV infection, then I contacted him through his email, I explained everything to him and he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me through FedEx, which I took for 14 days with the instruction he gave me, and when I did a test in the hospital my result came out negative it was the happiest day of my life that am cure from HPV,  are you also suffering from same virus or another diseases you can simply contact him via email: drriaria@gmail.com  you can also call or WhatsApp him on: +2349134987375.  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m indeed very happy for the great help that Dr ehiaguna rendered to me,I was diagnosed with HSV 2 on July 7, 2018 and I have tried all possible means to get cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum concerning herbal doctor Dr ehiaguna, who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases/Infection including Herpes Simplex virus Type 2, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email: drehiaguna@gmail.com He assured me of a cure, he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me instructions on how to use it, when i applied it as instructed, i was cured of this deadly virus within 14 days of usage,he told me to go for a medical check up and i went for test, I couldn't believe i was negative and the HERPES VIRUS in my body got cured, I and my family are so happy and grateful to God for using Dr ehiaguna to Liberate me. Reach Out to this great herbal doctor via his email : drehiaguna@gmail.com you can also reach him on WhatsApp +2348073908953 God bless you

      Delete
  5. I'm really happy that i have been cured from (HERPES) HSV1&2 DISEASE with the herbal medicine of DR. Ehimare have been suffering from this disease for a long time now without solution until i came across the email of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave me his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follow his instructions for use and he ask me to go for a check up after 3 months which i did, to my greatest surprise my result came out as negative, i am really happy that there is someone like this doctor who is ready to help anytime any day. To all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony stop doubting it and contact this doctor if you have any disease and see if he will not actually help you. I know that there are some people out there who are really suffering and hurting their family just because of these diseases. you can get to him through email: drehimare3@gmail.com or WhatsApp him + 1 (267) 691-1087

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm 28 years old female I tested genital herpes (HSV1-2) positive in 2002. I was having bad outbreaks. EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I have try different kinds of drugs and treatment by the medical doctors all to know was avail. Six months ago I was desperately online searching for a helpful remedies for genital herpes (HSV1-2) cure, which i come across some helpful remedies on how Dr ehiaguna have help so many people in curing genital herpes (HSV1-2) with the help of herbal treatment because I too believe there is someone somewhere in the world who can cure herpes completely. As of the past 2 months, however, I've been following his herpes protocol Via drehiaguna@gmail.com and it stopped all outbreaks completely! To my greatest surprise I was cured completely by following the protocol of his herbal medicine . Don't be discouraged by the medical doctors. There is a cure for HSV with the help of herbs and roots kindly contact him for more information Via drehiaguna@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on +2348073908953  He is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds, DIABETES and so many other infections.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr ehiaguna cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr ehiaguna the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr ehiaguna that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via E-mail: drehiaguna@gmail.com IG:  or WHATSAPP +2348073908953 GOD BLESS YOU ALL?   

    ReplyDelete