content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: BITTER KOLA EFFECTIVE FOR VOMITING, NAUSEA CONTROL.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

BITTER KOLA EFFECTIVE FOR VOMITING, NAUSEA CONTROL.

Do you suffer every morning from pregnancy related nausea and vomiting? Maybe you easily get nauseated as a result of motion sickness or drug toxicity. Well, scientists have reasons to recommend bitter kola as an antidote to nausea and vomiting. Scientists found that the ethanol extract of the seed of Garcinia kola(bitter kola) and its seed skin had ability to control vomiting and nausea, thus providing for the first time the rationale for its use in African traditional medicine in the management of nausea and vomiting. Garcinia kola, generally known as bitter kola is found in moist forest and grows as medium size tree, up to 12 m high. It is cultivated and distributed throughout west and central Africa. It has been referred to as a ‘wonder plant’ because almost every part of it has been found to be of medicinal importance. It is commonly called “Agbilu” in Igbo land and “Namijin goro” in Hausa and “orogbo” in Yoruba land of Nigeria. It produces a characteristic orange-like pod with seeds covered with a skin or husk. All parts of the plant are used in traditional medicine for various therapeutic purposes. Extracts of the plant have been traditionally used for ailments such as laryngitis, liver diseases and cough. The seeds are used to prevent or relieve colic pains, cure head or chest colds, relieve cough and have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. It is also used as an antidote for venomous stings and bites, and in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery. It has been reported that the seeds is good for ulcer patients, the ethanol extract from the seeds to ameliorate pain and mild kidney insufficiency induced by the anticancer drug, cisplatin. Discomfort from drug induced emesis can deter a patient from taking further chemotherapeutic agent especially with the potentially curative anti cancer treatment Bitter kola was found helpful in ameliorating the pain and swelling experienced by people with knee osteoarthritis, good for prevention of ulcer and the cold water extract of root bark with salt is used in southern Nigeria against cough and vomiting. In southern Nigeria also, the seed is chewed to prevent nausea and vomiting in pregnancy and motion sickness. For the study, the researchers induced nausea and vomiting in chicks divided into six groups of five chicks each using copper sulphate. The chicks were then given different doses of the extracts of bitter kola to ascertain their effectiveness in controlling nausea and vomiting. These were compared with the effect of a positive control antiemetic drug (Metoclopromide 2mg/kg) and a negative control (normal saline) against copper sulphate induced emesis. Researchers found that the seed extract at 50 and 150 mg/kg produced a percentage inhibition by 71.70 and 75.47 per cent respectively while the seed bark extract at 50 and 150 mg/kg produced a percentage inhibition by 47.16 and 62.27 per cent respectively. Also From the result, the seed extract protected the young chicks against emesis better than the seed skin extract. The 75 per cent inhibition produced by the seed extract especially the maximum dose of 150mg/kg administered was closer to the 81 per cent inhibition produced by metoclopramide. The researchers attributed the effectiveness of bitter kola seeds and seed skin extracts in reducing nausea and vomiting to its saponins, alkaloids or flavonoid contents. The study, which was published in 2010 edition of The Internet Journal of Alternative Medicine, was entitled “Preliminary Study of the Antiemetic Effect of Garcinia Kola Seed Extract in Young Chicks”. It was carried out by C.I Nosiri and Alewu B from the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in collaboration with Gambo Abba from the School of Public Health Nursing, Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology, Makarfi. Vomiting is one of the most commonly experienced natural reflexes. Although we may not vomit often, or on a regular basis, we have all vomited at some point of time. Vomiting in itself is not a health condition, but it is a body response or reaction to certain conditions, or a symptom of some disease or disorder. Ginger is an herb that has been a member of some medical cultures for centuries treat a variety of problems. The University of Maryland Medical Center reported that the benefits of ginger may include arthritis relief, a treatment for the common cold and assistance for those with menstrual cramps. A 2009 study from the National Cancer Institute found that taking a dietary supplement with ginger could help relieve nausea in patients undergoing chemotherapy. If nausea and vomiting are persistent, other home remedies that can be used include lemon juice. Mix together 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Dip your finger into the mix and lick it off so that you take it in slowly. In addition, lime juice might be helpful as an immediate nausea/vomiting stopper. Mix a cup water with 10 drops lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Then add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and drink. Peppermint can also help to ease cramping and settle the stomach. It is also reputed for quelling nausea. It is a good choice of herb for nausea accompanied by a headache, or a cold since is a good remedy for both ailments. Contact us through your comment for more on the products.

6 comments:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Wart Remover,Hpv,Weak Erection,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Bp, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
      curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or
      call/whatsapp +2348155227532
      he also have #herbs for
      #hiv/aids
      #cancerdisease
      #fibroid
      #diabetes




















      I am FRED and i want quickly recommend DR NCUBE for a Job well done by
      curing me from the genital herpes disease that have be giving me sleepless night. if you want to contact him, Simply do that via email drncube03@gmail.com or
      call/whatsapp +2348155227532
      he also have #herbs for
      #hiv/aids
      #cancerdisease
      #fibroid
      #diabetes











      Delete
  2. MY TESTIMONY ABOUT HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL CREAM ENLARGE MY PENIS FROM 4 INCHES TO 8 INCHES

    Hello everyone here i want to share a marvelous testimony oh how Dr Imoloa HERBAL MIXTURE CREAM saved me from shame and disgrace .So Many Women Today Cheat On Their Husband All Because Of The Poor Performance Of Their Husband In Bed,I Have Come To Know That Women Love Men Who Last Long In Bed And Also Has That Big Dick That Can Make Them Scream And Also Make Them Rich Their Climax,Women Truly Love Good Sex. I Have Been Passing True Sexual Problems For The Past Six Years Now All Because Of The Size Of My Penis And My Poor Performance In Bed I Caught My Wife With A Man On Our Matrimonial Bed I Was Heart Broken And Confused When I Asked Her Why She Did All What She Did She Told Me I Was Not Good In Bed That I Can Not Satisfy Her That She Needs A Man Who Can Satisfy Her That Was How She Broke Up With Me At That Moment. I Told My Self I Was Never Going To Have Any Thing To Do With Any Woman Again I Started Going To The Club Sleeping Around With Different Girls at a Point I Got Tired Of Living That Kind Of Life Because That Was Never Part Of Me I Was On Line Last Month When I Came Across so many testimonies On   Dr imoloa, How He Made their Sex Life Come Back To Life And That He Had Giving Them The Real Size Of Penis A Man  Suppose To Have I Got Interested And I Contacted Him At Once Luckily For Me He Was Online After About 30 Minutes He Replied Me And Then He Told Me Every Thing I Needed To Do After Every Thing He Sent Me A herbal cream Package True The DHL courier  Service Which I Received The Next three Days And Then I Started Using Them As Instructed By Him After About 2 Weeks I Started Seeing My Penis Got to 8 inches And i Felt So Many Changes Inside Of Me And Today I Am Happily Married With 2 kids And Last Up more than 1 Hour On Bed and can go up to 10 rounds with my wife All Thanks To Dr imoloa For Making Me Feel Like A Man Once Again.note he also have cure for..PENIS ENLARGEMENT, BREAST ENLARGEMENT, DIABETES 1/2,HIV/AIDS,HERPES,CANCER,PREMATURE EJACULATION,WEAK ERECTION,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION ,LOW SPERM COUNT PREGNANCY HERBAL MEDICINE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE LOW SPERM COUNT LYME DISEASE many more..  Contact Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or  whatssapp--+2347081986098

    ReplyDelete
  3. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative, because it compresses most of the information needed and I already have known that, the best solution to Paralysis is herbal medicines. My family and I are proof to this including Rex my friend.
    I came to trust Nze Njoku Herbal Home after many months that, they have healed my friend from Pain and Arthritis without any aftereffect.
    So I also contacted Nze Njoku for herbal treatment for my father who have suffered paralysis for 6years.
    My father took this herbal medicine from Nze Njoku Herbal Home without any lifestyle change which healed him of paralysis within 4weeks.
    As I write this my father is doing great on his feet and most importantly he has started his business effectively as if nothing happened to him.
    Feel free to contact him on;
    nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete