content='1;url=http://www.naturetohealth.blogspot.com/'http-equiv='refresh'/> Natural Health Remedy: STAR APPLE BARK PROVIDES ANTI-MALARIA DRUG

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

STAR APPLE BARK PROVIDES ANTI-MALARIA DRUG

The bark of African star apple has been
shown to be more effective than
chloroquine in treating malaria without
any toxic side effects.
IT is time to savour the African star apple or
rather local cherry. The brownish fruit
(when ripe) of this local delicacy is on
display in almost all the markets especially
in southern Nigeria. African cherry is
synonymous with harmattan. It is usually
harvested or rather the plant sheds its fruits
during the season.
African star apple, also known as
Chrysophyllum albidum belongs to the
family Sapotaceae. The plant is known as
udara in Igbo and agbalumo in Yoruba.
The fruit of African star apple has been
found to have a very high content of
ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) with 1000 to 3,300
mg of ascorbic acid per 100 g of edible fruit
or about 100 times that of oranges and 10
times that of guava or cashew.
Also, several other components of the tree
including the roots and leaves are
reportedly used for medicinal purposes.
Until now, the bark is used as a remedy for
yellow fever and malaria while the leaves
are used as emollients and for the treatment
of skin eruption, diarrhoea and
stomachache. Eleagnine, an alkaloid isolated
from C. albidum seed cotyledon has been
reported to have anti-nociceptive, anti-
inflammatory and antioxidant activities.
But a new study published recently in
Journal of Physiology and Pathphysiology
suggest that the extracts of the bark of
African star apple could provide the next
best anti-malarial drug. Indeed, the extract
was found to be more effective than
chloroquine in treating malaria.
The study titled “Anti-plasmodial and
toxicological effects of methanolic bark
extract of Chrysophyllum albidum in albino
mice” was authored by E. O. Adewoye of
the Department of Physiology, College of
Medicine, University of Ibadan; A. T. Salami
of the Department of Nursing Science, Lead
City University, Ibadan; and V. O. Taiwo of
the Department of Veterinary Pathology,
University of Ibadan, Oyo State.
The researchers evaluated the anti-
plasmodial, hematological, serum
biochemical and pathological effects of
Chrysophyllum albidum methanolic bark
extract using Swiss albino male mice as
models.
According to the study, the LD50 of the
methanolic extract was 1850 mg/kg body
weight. C. albidum methanolic bark extract
(750 - 1500 mg/kg/day) exhibited
significant schizontocidal activities both in a
four-day (early) infection and in an
established (greater than seven days)
infection with a considerable mean survival
time comparable to that of chloroquine.
The LD50 is a standardised measure for
expressing and comparing the toxicity of
chemicals. The LD50 is the dose that kills half
(50 per cent) of the animals tested (LD =
“lethal dose”). The animals are usually rats
or mice, although rabbits, guinea pigs,
hamsters, and so on are sometimes used.
Schizontocides are drugs used in the
treatment of malaria, which act against
blood stage parasites. Despite the name,
formed schizonts are in fact relatively drug
resistant. The earlier parasite stages- mature
trophozoites are more drug-sensitive.
Examples of schizontocides are quinine and
artesunate.
The researchers said that the plant extract
treated mice did not develop appreciable
anaemia. This observation shows that the
methanolic extract of C. albidum contains
anti-plasmodial substance(s) which help to
reduce parasitaemia and hence the rate of
erythrocyte (red blood cell) destruction
during infection.
Plasmodial describes a protozoan of the
genus Plasmodium, which includes the
parasites that cause malaria.
According to the study, the organ and tissue
pathology during infection was milder at
low doses, compared to the untreated mice
and insignificant at higher doses of the
extract, showing that the extract is non-
toxic. It also validates the local consumption
of the extracts of C. albidum as an anti-
malarial agent.
Indeed, the results from this investigation
suggest that the methanolic extract of the
bark of C. albidum has anti-plasmodial
activities and is non-toxic to mice when
administered even at 1,500 mg/kg/day. It,
however, appears to be more effective at a
dose of 1,000 mg/kg/day.
An earlier study on the life span of the mice
infected with Plasmodium berghei berghei
revealed that it is between the seven to 10
days post-innoculation. This is in line with
the drug treatment employed both in the
suppressive and established or Rane test in
this study. This time frame was used in
order to prevent the death of animals
before the end or drug treatment regime
during the experiment.
It had been reported that plants whose
phyto-chemical compounds include
alkaloids, anthraquinones and saponins
may have antimalarial activities. These
reports are similar to those obtained in this
study as methanoic bark extract of C.
albidum contains alkaloids, anthraquinones,
saponins, cardenolides and tannins. These
phytochemical compounds were also similar
to those reportedly found in the leaves and
stems of C. albidum.
Saponins have been found to have
antiprotozoan activities as well as possible
defaunating agents in the rumen. This
property has been exploited in the
treatment of protozoal infections in other
animals. Triterpenoid and steroid saponins
have been found to be detrimental to
several infectious protozoans, one of which
is Plasmodium falciparum.
This report supports what was observed in
this experiment both in the suppressive and
established infections. The mechanism of
action by which saponins work, might be
through their toxicity to protozoans, which
may be widespread and non-specific. It
might also be as a result of their detergent
effect on the cell membranes.
C. albidum has also been found to contain
alkaloids and these have been associated
with medicinal uses for centuries, though
other possible roles have not been
examined. One of the most common
biological properties of alkaloids is their
toxicity against cells of foreign organisms
like bacteria, viruses and protozoans to
which malaria parasites belong. These
activities have been widely studied for their
potential use in the elimination and
reduction of human cancer cell lines.
Alkaloids also possess anti-inflammatory,
anti- asthmatic and anti-anaphylactic
properties with consequences of altered
immunological status in vivo. The
significant reduction in parasitic load in
infected mice treated with methanolic
extract of C. albidum prevented rapid
destruction of parasitized red blood cells
and development of mild and insignificant
anaemia on days five and seven.
The results also show that chloroquine at 10
mg/kg/day is equally effective in
prevention of anaemia due to its anti-
protozoan effect in infected mice. It is
noteworthy, however, that all the infected
mice treated or untreated developed
leucocytosis, which was most severe in
mice treated with chloroquine. The
leukocytosis may be an indication of
enhanced granulopoiesis and
lymphocytosis as cellular and humoral
responses, respectively to the protozoan
infection. This is corroborated by enhanced
serum globulin levels (hyperglobulinemia)
and reactive spleens in infected mice in this
study.

6 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed of Herpes 2years ago and I have tried all possible means to get the cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a Herbal Doctor(Dr imoloa who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes, at first i doubted, if it was real but decided to give him a trial, when i contacted Dr imoloa through his Email: drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com he guided me and prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier Delivery service,when i received the package (herbal medicine) He gave me instructions on how to consume it, i started using it as instructed and i stop getting outbreaks and the sores started vanishing, could you believe i was cured of this deadly virus within two to three weeks and notices changes in my body. Days of using this REMEDY,couldn't believe the healing at first until i see it as my HERPES get cleared like magic Dr imoloa also use his herbal medicine to cure diseases like, HIV/aids, lupus disease, dry cough, fever, Lyme disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, alzheimer's disease, blood poisoning, measles, kidney cancer, kidney infections, diarrhoea, epilepsy, joint pain, mouth ulcer,bowel cancer, discoid eczema, eye cancer, food poisoning, fibroid, hairy cell leukaemia, mouth cancer, skin disease, lung cancer, liver disease, penile cancer, parkinson disease, arthritis, breast cancer, bone cancer hepatitis A.B.C, Diabetes, fatigue, muscle aches, anal cancer, asthma, Contact this great herbal Doctor today the father of herbalism. via Email: drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or whatssapp him +2347081986098. and get cured permanently He is real..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to let all know that the size of your Penis really matters in your relationship or marriage. I got married to my wife about 1 month after we met on a photo studio, we lived happily for the first 3 months of our marriage until i and my wife started having quarrels at home because i couldn't satisfy her on bed with my little penis. Actually my penis was very small, it measured about 4.5 inch long on erection and i am 39 years old. My wife said it was forbidden by the women of this world. My wife started sleeping with other men outside. Sometimes i will return from work without finding my wife at home and whenever i call or ask her where she was, she will always snub at me and sometimes just tell me to go get a larger dick. All this continued for a long time and it hurt me so much that i was at the edge of breaking up on the marriage till when i read about a doctor called DR.OMOHAN. online. I never thought i could smile and be in a happy marriage again if not for the help of DR.OMOHAN. I got the doctors Emails:(dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com ) on the internet and i emailed him, and he got back to me with some encouraging words, he got me some herbs cream which i use for just 8 days and i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, and without surgery. This went on for a little period of about 10 days and to my surprise my wife keeps screaming that she love my big dick now. Now my wife no longer cheat on me, and my penis is now about 10.5 inches long on erection and off course very large round. And now my wife uses breasts, hips and bums enlargement. I and my wife are very happy for the help rendered to me by DR.OMOHAN , and i want to say a big thanks to Doctor for the help. You can contact the Doctor now on his Email:( dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com ) Am thankful to the doctor for helping me.
    his whataspp number +2348164816038

    DOCTOR OMOHAN CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS
    1. HIV/AIDS SPELL
    2. HERPES SPELL
    3. CANCER SPELL
    4 IF YOU WANT YOUR EX LOVER BACK SPELL
    5 IF YOU NEED A BABY SPELLhim to solve
    6 LOW SPERM COUNT SPELL
    get all your problem solve. No problem is too big for him to solve.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative, because it compresses most of the information needed and I already have known that, the best solution to Paralysis is herbal medicines. My family and I are proof to this including Rex my friend.
    I came to trust Nze Njoku Herbal Home after many months that, they have healed my friend from Pain and Arthritis without any aftereffect.
    So I also contacted Nze Njoku for herbal treatment for my father who have suffered paralysis for 6years.
    My father took this herbal medicine from Nze Njoku Herbal Home without any lifestyle change which healed him of paralysis within 4weeks.
    As I write this my father is doing great on his feet and most importantly he has started his business effectively as if nothing happened to him.
    Feel free to contact him on;
    nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
    It is cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it comes to health issues and getting cured. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Parkinson, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Syndrome, Cancers, HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, and any kind of disease & Infections Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching, honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..    

    ReplyDelete